Spring has finally sprung!!
I’ve been cycling for three to seven miles nearly every day this week. I’ve also been cleaning my house like a possessed creature [probably just obsessed actually]. Things I’ve done so far:
- organised our CDs and books
- sorted through my clothes and I have a big bag to give away
- dusted everything and vacuumed
- cleaned off our dressing table
- gone through my knitting stash
- done three loads of laundry
- changed the sheets and turned a mattress
- cleaned and tidied my desk
- cleaned my bike lock
- cleaned off the piano and glossed it up [and played a bit]
- put the table cloth back on the table and tidied up the plants [including relocated the fern to the bathroom where I hope it'll appreciate the steam]
- organised the bags of bag [cloth ones for shopping, ones for recycling and ones for reuse]
- the mirrors will be polished once Weasel does it, I bargained with her so I could repair her trousers
My house feels so much better! I’ve been so gloomy while winter hung on and now I feel like I have 10x the energy I had before. I’m even thinking I’m ready to decrease my antidepressant this week. I’d been waiting for the time change and then decided to wait for it to warm up a bit.
Weasel, Horatio and Sven are all doing well. Weasel’s energy levels are much improved following a medication adjustment. She got to go out to the a computer museum with a group of friends yesterday and it didn’t seem to affect her very much. Notably, she was telling me about this museum a few weeks ago and during her dialogue she paused so I said, ‘penis’ like a usually do and she continued with her story and said they were going to visit the Museum of Cock Beating. We took it and ran. Its full name is The British Museum of Cock Beating or BMCB. I’ve got Sven lined up to curate the WWI and WWII exhibitions since he is my expert. Horatio’s work is trying to kill him, I get to go and see him next week so hopefully I’ll distract him for a while.
Sven is coming over later today and spending the night! It’ll be our first overnight visit, I’m very excited. I’ve got a lovely dinner planned, salmon marinated in teriyaki, black garlic and spring onion [for Sven and Weasel, not for me]. I’m going to use the marinade as the sauce for a stir-fry [which will have prawns, broccoli florets, more spring onion and shitaki mushrooms].
My birthday was on the 11th, it was awesome. My new monitor is fabulous and I love having two. It has made life much more fun. Weasel’s family were very generous, they gave me a pile of books, a couple of CDs and a Simpsons boxset. My parents surprised me and got me The Complete Calvin & Hobbes. They are very beautiful books. I had a lovely day and meal out with a group of friends up north, I had a lovely evening with my wife on the day [seeing Noises Off it was brilliant and so well done] and I had a wonderful party with my family at the weekend. My 30s continue to be really, really amazing!
My back has finally calmed down from my steroid experiment and I’m steady on 2mg again. I’ll leave it a couple of weeks or so and then I’ll try dropping one day a week.
Library volunteering is still awesome, so is book club, Scrabble club and SimCity. I finally got the photo of Horatio and I from the Gala:
Oh, and I’ve been very obsessed with Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, have a listen:
I am so incredibly happy at the moment. I hope it sticks around.